Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blue Nights


Getting really excited for this lady's (should I be calling one of America's greatest living writers "this lady"?) newest book, to be released on November 1. Conveniently, that's 2 days after my birthday, so, yeah... just sayin'... if you're looking for a gift idea...

Anyway, I didn't really get into Joan Didion until reading The Year of Magical Thinking a year or so ago, and I absolutely loved it. The way she writes just makes me want to give up ever thinking about being a good writer, because she is just so damned good at it.

But alas, I'll keep reading and dreaming of the day I can articulate anything as perfectly as she articulates everything.

And I really just wanted to post this picture.

Cheers, Joan. Looking forward to 11/1.

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously cannot wait. Let's have a book club after we read it! So, on 11/2!!!!

    ReplyDelete