Sunday, February 27, 2011

sunday morning


Morning Run. Well, morning run/walk. I was stopped by frequent stretching sessions, almost rolling my ankle on the snow, desires to walk and take pictures, and an almost disastrous run-in with a cross-country skier. On the Prairie Path. Ummm? I didn't ask questions.

I have a lot on my mind this morning (thus the outdoor run), and I can't really write about it eloquently enough here without sounding whiny and self-obsessed, so I just want to quote some scripture that just totally gives me comfort and peace and joy right now. And I'm using The Message. Oh, yes, I am.

I used to hate The Message, because I just thought it was corny and too... something. But after hearing someone I really respect use it frequently - and speak about why he likes it - it's definitely growing on me. This verse, in particular, is so real to me, so I wanted to share.

Now read this and look at the beautiful pictures of nature above and just soak it in.
_________

"Listen, God! Please, pay attention! Can you make sense of these ramblings, my groans and cries? King - God, I need your help.

Every morning
you'll hear me at it again.

Every morning
I lay out the pieces of my life
on your altar
and watch for fire to descend."

-Psalm 5:3



No comments:

Post a Comment