Thursday, April 7, 2011

Live from the Genesee Theater...

Waukegan, Illinois.

Not really a place I ever thought I'd go for a fun night out, but last night, that's exactly where we ventured.

Dave and I went to see David Sedaris at the Genessee Theater, which is a surprisingly beautiful theater in the middle of a... not very nice-looking town. Sorry, Waukegan. But, you know what I mean.


Anyway, I had never really been to an event quite like this, so I didn't know what to expect. I certainly did not expect us to be the youngest people in the theater by 30 years. I mean, young people like him, right? I was a little confused, but I always kind of enjoy when I'm one of the youngest people at an event like that, because it makes me feel like I have mature tastes. And it balances out the more juvenile forms of entertainment I enjoy, like the book I currently have on my nightstand. Am I 8 or 50?

So anyway, I thoroughly enjoy Sedaris; he is probably my favorite, funny, non-blogging writer. My love of funny bloggers opens up a whole new group of people I'm obsessed with, so let's just stick with "non-blogging" for now.

I could write about all of the funny stuff he read last night, but it wouldn't be funny coming from me, so I just suggest you read some of his stuff. That's the best review I can give.

He did share a couple of hilarious jokes, though, that I remember fully. Apparently, he likes when people share new jokes with him at book signings, and likes to pass them on during his speaking engagements. A couple of them were too dirty to re-type (but hilarious), but my favorite that he shared was:

What does a vegan zombie eat?














GRAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS!


No comments:

Post a Comment