Sunday, April 3, 2011

orange you glad it's almost summer?

First of all, can we all acknowledge that the title of this post was not only something that came to my mind, but also something I chose to leave in that little box, that I could've easily erased and replaced with something else? I mean, I could erase it, but then you wouldn't truly get a feel for the hilarious jokes that run through my mind.

Anyway, news flash! People of Chicago and surrounding suburbs:

Please note that there is a new, well-priced, stylish store in the area that is not H&M. It's called Zara, and it's on Michigan Avenue right by Crate & Barrel and Ann Taylor and all of those kinds of stores.

I discovered it while in Barcelona, and because things that exist there couldn't possibly exist anywhere else, I assumed the Zara brand was confined to Spain. So I was quite excited (and slightly surprised that I'd underestimated globalized, mass-produced fashion) to find a brand new Zara in downtown Chicago this weekend.

It's probably for the best that it's a 45-minute train ride and 30-minute walk away...

I bought this fun number that just screams SUMMER to me. Hopefully summer will actually come quickly this year so I can wear it, but until then, it will wait in my closet. Don't worry, little Zara dress. I know you're new to Chicago, but I promise, it gets warm at some point.

1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know that I absolutely LOLed at your title. Well done.

    ReplyDelete